Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year, Better at Blogging

After looking over my past blog posts, I couldn't believe that it has been August since I've posted anything. It's not that there hasn't been anything going on...there's been PLENTY. I'm chalking it up to I have been too busy...or something like that, okay laziness. There, I admitted it.
Over the past few months, I've watched my children grow into the most intriguing and beautiful little boys. I keep thinking that as they get older, they will begin to acquire the likeness that most siblings do. Not so much. They are still very night and day of one another. I know this is what makes them who they are. So very different in all things, yet such beautifully loving and eager souls.
Scott and I just celebrated our 15th Christmas together. How amazing is that? I know there are others that have celebrated more, but those couples are few and far between in our generation. I have learned so much this last year about our relationship as husband and wife as well as our individual heart and souls. This act of learning more about myself, my husband, and our relationship is an ongoing course. One that I am proud to say I will never tire of. There isn't a day that passes that I don't learn something new about Scott or myself. When I am not learning I am educating myself on the "hows" and "whys" of our differences and likenesses. God truly blessed me with an amazing husband. Not only has Scott taught me so much about myself but he has taught me to be a better person, mother, friend, daughter and sister. He will never know the impact that his heart and soul have had on my life. No one said that marriage was easy, it is a full time job. If you are like me, its a job that you promised before God. At this job there are no sick days, no vacations, no 401K, and no rest for the weary. It does however, pour over with an education only a spouse can give, the drive to love with a deeper impact than imaginable and a benefit package that wraps your heart for a lifetime. In times of trouble, you work harder, not give up, after all did Jesus give up on us?
As for me, it's a new year with a new beginning. Many doors have opened for me in these past few months and I have no one to thank but the Man above. A year ago this past month I started attending the First Presbyterian Church of Derby. I can honestly say I have found my home for worship. Like a new pair of jeans, it just fits. Perfectly. The last four years were a rough road. I know that nothing is ever easy, but with God in my heart and on my side, the bumps in the road are definitly easier to understand and comprehend why changes happen the way that they do. Instead of always trying to solve all of lifes problems, I take them on in stride. Knowing all the while that they are part of a bigger plan. I had to go through some horrible jobs to find the perfect one. During the trip I made friendships that will last a lifetime. I had to lose friends to regain them and appreciate them as well as myself. It's kind of like the old saying "It's better to have loved and lost then to have lost and never loved". In learning more about myself, I have learned to be a better wife and mother. These two jobs are now what matter most. As it should have always been like this, sadly it wasn't. My blog this morning is a summary of the past few months of my life. The past few months that have made me who I am today. Although I still have so much to learn, the changes that I have made, are making me more eager to see what life has to offer. I'm ready to take the next chapter head on. No looking back, only onward and upward.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE it! Very well said my friend. I am so happy for you. :D
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Years Muffy. I hope that 2011 is your best year so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still missing connecting with you girlfriend. Hope to see you soon, after all it's been since last year :)

    ReplyDelete